In this session you will hear the lessons we learned. You will understand why and how to account for the six principles of a modern developer portal:
- Scale and simplicity. How can we serve tens of thousands of concurrent users across the globe?
- Roles. How can we be inclusive and create best possible experience for designers, content editors, and developers?
- Intent abstraction. How can we abstract the content and look of the portal from its codebase and ensure safety of updates?
- Automation and dev-ops. How can we script and automate management of the portal?
- Look and feel. How can we incorporate the latest design trends and craft a remarkable web experience for API consumers?
- Open source. How can we make the portal publicly available?