This experience report will cover the following topics:
- How we write API documentation - both in terms of writing style and content
- Our experiences with RAML
- How we get feedback and iterate our documentation - we’ve recently implemented a feedback tool that was unbelievably powerful!
- What developers have told us about their end-to-end documentation needs - above and beyond API specifications
- Our approach to API design, delivery and governance, including HMRC’s API Service Standard
And probably some more stuff we’ll think of once we start thinking more deeply about it!